cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Email spam score affecting delivery of cPanel emails

I have a couple of accounts who have been bothered by certain emails not getting to their recipients. I played with the SPF files a little, but one of the recipients has finally checked their email log and found that the emails have been quarantined due to a high spam score.

I guess I could leave it at that, and say "well the emails are getting there so my job is done" but I don;t want to do that.

Can you give me any advice on what might be causing high spam scores? I have never come across this before. I am new to cPanel, having moved my whole operation to Godaddy in July. 

I can send more details if this can be investigated at GoDaddy's end?

Bill Teale
3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Email spam score affecting delivery of cPanel emails

@BillTeale

Hmmm...  If you've not done or are not doing anything spammy, did you check the health/history of your IP?  

If the IP assigned to you has a bad reputation, that could possibly be the issue.  I've experienced that in the past and requested a new IP.  Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

That's a good point, I did think of that, but this seems to be really patchy.  Most of the emails are swimming through no problem, but there have been a few recipients that seem to have extremely overactive spam software.  any thoughts on counteracting that?

Bill.

Bill Teale
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@BillTeale

The only thing I can think of is that they do have some network wide software in place causing that.  If if that is the case there should be some way to whitelist you by domain or IP.

You could check your domain and IP through any of the online blacklist checks to see if there are any lists you are on so you can address that.  If everything comes up clean, then only those you are emailing can whitelist you. Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt