cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Emails missing or auto-deleted

Hi 

Some of our existing email accounts have gone missing or seem to be auto-deleted from the workspace control panel. Please advice what could be the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey there @gensv,

While I can't see into your account on Community, one of two things popped into my head regarding this.

1.  That the email boxes being used were part of a free credit associated with another product.  If that's the case, and that product was allowed to expire, then the free email credits would have expired with it.

2.  Someone accessed your account and removed it.  If that's the case, I would recommend updating the login info for your account immediately.  Also, if the emails were Workspace Emails, you may be able to recover them.  You'd need to contact customer support to confirm.

Hope that helps.

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
New

Hi

Hey there @gensv,

While I can't see into your account on Community, one of two things popped into my head regarding this.

1.  That the email boxes being used were part of a free credit associated with another product.  If that's the case, and that product was allowed to expire, then the free email credits would have expired with it.

2.  Someone accessed your account and removed it.  If that's the case, I would recommend updating the login info for your account immediately.  Also, if the emails were Workspace Emails, you may be able to recover them.  You'd need to contact customer support to confirm.

Hope that helps.

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support

View solution in original post

So without warning you dropped the free email and now anyone that sent to that email is now locked up somewhere?
Now you are charging extra for that one email?
You have got to be kidding me that you have screwed our nonprofit, without warning. You should have allowed for rerouting for new emails to be sent. 
This is crazy. we can't afford a monthly payment for email that we can get free with other services.
OUr renewal should have been clear that we would not have that email. 
I'll be looking for a new register for sure!

Can someone explain why I can only see the most recent 18 days of email in my GoDaddy Mail Inbox?  Every day emails drop off as a new day begins.  Fortunately, I now have them on an Outlook account, but I would like to be able to see them in Webmail as well.  Thanks.

I would second orbanmm's comment. I have mail that is still present in my in-box, and I can find messages by searching, but they are no longer displayed. This happened just before the New Year...

Has anyone found a solution for this?  I'm having the same problem.

Go to your webmail, right click on the inbox, select auto purge, and change it to never.

It’s already on never

Sent from my iPad
New

I'm set up with online storage for my IMAP email accts because several people work off the same sales account. Emails seem to be deleted after roughly 30 days so we no longer have access.

Am I set up wrong somewhere or is this the way it works??? Do I need to buy online storage??

I'm using Thunderbird.

New

All of our email messages disappeared an hour ago. Hope that somebody at Godaddy sees this message and check the system.

All of our email messages since 2014 disappeared a few weeks ago. Contacted Godaddy and they are only able to recover a few emails in the past 14 days. However, recovered and new emails auto-deleted themselves a few hours later. Emails keep being deleted and leaving an empty inbox once every few hours.

i have also faced the same issue today

New

I found an even more appropriate solution… email sync!

If you are on an Apple device, go to your mail and click your email account settings. There you will find a category that says "Mail Sync." This is set to 1 week by default, so any mail older than a week disappears, but may still be searched for. Set that to "No Limit" and watch all your emails come back. 😉

I've had the same issue. The issue for me was that my Apple Mail desktop client settings were set to delete old messages on my computer and on the server every 30 days. However, I have now changed the settings to "Never", and this seems to have fixed the problem. 

Here's an article that explains how to modify your settings: https://www.godaddy.com/help/leaving-messages-on-the-server-when-using-an-email-client-3960?

So the mail sync is no longer an option on our apple products.....anyone else find a solution this year?  I was told by apple that the latest software update deleted this option.  Was wondering if anyone has found a solution with latest update?  Thanks!

New

Go to your webmail, right click on the inbox, select auto purge, and change it to never.