cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Emails sent from my domain now show "via netorgft958945.onmicrosoft.com" in gmail inbox

Hello-
I have had Office 365 and Go Daddy's Office 365 Online Essentials for more than a year now to host my domain's email service. This is the only email service I have at this domain (no cpanel or other type of email). At some point in the last few months, emails started being marked with "via netorgft958945.onmicrosoft.com " when received in gmail. I assume this might be an issue with my SPF records? Here they are:

TXT thomashenthorne.com NETORGFT958945.onmicrosoft.com Automatic

TXT thomashenthorne.com v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all Automatic

TXT thomashenthorne.com v=spf1 include:servers.mcsv.net ?all Automatic

TXT thomashenthorne.com v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all Automatic

I also have a CNAME entry:
CNAME email  is an alias of email.secureserver.net

I'm hoping that someone who knows this stuff can look at this and quickly determine what the issue is above?

Thanks much!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Emails sent from my domain now show "via netorgft958945.onmicrosoft.com" in gmail inbo

Anyone?

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Emails sent from my domain now show "via netorgft958945.onmicrosoft.com" in gmail inbo

Hi @goldengate415

Thank you for your post. Currently I am trying to help a customer who is experiencing the same issue, only happens when sending to Gmail address. Did some google searching and found that there are other 365 users outside of GD that also experience this issue when sending to Gmail but haven't found a solid solution so far.

Where you able to find any info on the topic that helped?

Thanks in advance!

-Techfly 

Highlighted

The following support documentation shows the cause and resolution to this issue:
Remove "via" information from emails not sent through Gmail
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en