cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails sent to out of the domain take more than 24 hrs to be delivered

Hi,

Please help!

Emails sent to out of my domain take more than 24 hrs to be delivered. When emails are sent within the same domain they get delivered quickly. This problem is occurring only since past 2-3 months. Previously this was working fine. 

We are using Cpanel. So when we contacted Godaddy technical support consultant they said that at time this problem would occur and that in cpanel emails get queued up and are sent on FIFO basis. But i dont agree since they created a test email within my domain and sent emails externally from that email id and it got delivered quickly and emails which i had sent earlier were not delivered till now to those same external email ids. So the FIFO theory told was not the problem here. 

Could you please help in resolving this problem.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Emails sent to out of the domain take more than 24 hrs to be delivered

Hi @RC_Mumbai. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It's hard to say for sure what's happening. One thing you could take a look at is where the header shows the delay occurs. There are various header analysis tools out there, you just need to find one that will show how long it takes messages to be relayed from server to server. That should help you identify where the delay is. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi JesseW,

Thanks for your response. I checked the header analysis tool and it has been identified that the email sits on the email server for 2 days. Attached a snapshot of the header analysis tool. Could you kindly advice how to get this sorted?

HeaderAnalysis1.png

Thanks

RC_Mumbai

Community Manager
Community Manager

That definitely looks like a problem, @RC_Mumbai. Since this would be specific to your account, you'll need to get in touch with our support team again and show them the header information you have here. That should help you show that the issue is on the email server. Account specific issues can not be addressed here on the community forum. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I understand 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RC_Mumbai. Just wanted to let you know that I was able to share this issue with some of our hosting admins and it does look like there is unusual queuing on the mail server you're using. This should have been reported when you contacted support earlier. I'm sorry that didn't happen. The issue is being looked at and should already be working better than it was. I will let you know if I find out more information. 

Hi 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@RC_Mumbai. Sorry, but I wouldn't be able to share that information with you Man Sad Though I can tell you it would have been something administrative that a typical user would not be able to do. Hopefully it's working better for you. 

Hi 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RC_Mumbai. How long ago did you send the messages? Message queues for hosting servers can queue up once in a while. While the delay you were experiencing before was much higher than it should be, a delay of a few hours, although not ideal, is not considered unusual.