cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails with attachments does not deliver

We have been having problems sending emails from our email clients. Even tried sending the mails from webmail, its the same thing especially if the email has an attachment. Please help me resolve this

9 REPLIES 9
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Emails with attachments does not deliver

@nwasacj3 

What type of email are you using? O365, Workspace, cPanel email?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Dear MrVapor, 

Thanks for coming to my assistant. We actually use cpanel emails. Thank you 

Hi @nwasacj3,

Welcome to the Community!

Be advised there is a 30MB limit per email message that you send using cPanel email, including file attachments -- which have a size limit of 20MB total. Messages larger than 30MB are rejected by our outgoing server and you are notified. Please check the size of the attachments that you are sending to rule out this being an issue for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Dear TLH,

I'm grateful for your advice. Meanwhile the surprising thing is that even when the attachment is in KB, say 34kb, the email will not leave outbox but as soon as you remove the small attachment, the email leaves the outbox in seconds. Please I desperately need help with this. Its dangerously affecting our productivity
Highlighted

Hi @nwasacj3,

There are several things you can check for.

First, make sure the attachment you are sending is not the following file types: .pif .reg .bat . scr .com .si .exe. They will always be rejected by webmail, and are likely to get your email flagged as spam.

Some have reported success after clearing their internet history, as a previous corrupt email file was preventing the transmission with attachments. 

Is this happening with multiple browsers? Have you tried sending through another computer to determine if this is a network issue?

Dear TLH,

Thank you so much for these wonderful suggestions. This problem occurs when sending emails from outlook desktop client. I'm considering migrating to office 365 because the problem is causing me problems.

Hi @nwasacj3,

If the issue is only happening when using the third-party client (and not in webmail), you may want to troubleshoot it over at the Microsoft Support page

You can view your Office 365 options on the GoDaddy website here.

https://www.godaddy.com/email/professional-business-email?isc=gdbbc687

https://www.godaddy.com/business/office-365?isc=gdbbc687

Dear TLH, 

Once again, thank you so much for the wonderful suggestions and solutions provided. As I said earlier, this issue occurs more often when sending emails from outlook. More importantly, what happens in webmail platform is that it takes a lot of time for the document to attach, which is quite similar to outlook behaviour. So I concluded that the issue is not particularly an outlook problem but rather the email server issue. Please, I stand to be corrected.  I'm still looking forward to a favourable solution. 

Thank you 

Hi @nwasacj3,

Have you called support to have them test your connection to the server? Seeing your traceroute to that server may illuminate the delay. You may contact them at the number most convenient to you in the link below. 

If calling isn't an option for you, please try our live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).