cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error setting up POP3 account in gmail

Hi lads,

I am having issues setting up a mail account in Gmail using POP3.

I had no issues doing the same process with SMPT.

The issue is not 100% sure the password because I could set up a POP3  mail account but non-secure (TLS). When I tried to set up SSL one i get an error('Unable to establish secure SSL connection to....'). See screenshot below: 

Captura.PNG

I was reading about it in this forum and I found out other POP Servers like pop.secureserver.net and p3plcpnl0923.prod.phx3.secureserver.net. I set them up and I get different error ('Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password'), see the screenshot:

Captura2.PNG

Also the email account is setup properly on cpanel and working on webmail perfectly but I don't have an account on Goddady Email, could be this the issue?.

Captura3.PNGCaptura5.PNG

I would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee

Re: Error setting up POP3 account in gmail

Hello @tryspainwebsite!

Thank you for posting. Because you're using cPanel email, the settings would be different than the ones you are using. Here's our guide on configuring your email client to work with cPanel email. Give that a try. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Error setting up POP3 account in gmail

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your message. 

I set up the email with these settings that you are telling me and its working fine. These settings are Non-SSL. I would like to set up the email with Secure SSL/TLS Settings but its not working. I got the error that I showed in my first post.

Any idea?

Thanks.