cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

GoDaddy Office 365 Email Essentials transfer to Microsoft Office 365

Hi, I brought a GoDaddy Email Essentials subscription last year and have since subscribed to Microsoft Office 365, so I'd like to transfer the Email address (for which I have a Domain subscription with GoDaddy)… haven't been able to work out how?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: GoDaddy Office 365 Email Essentials transfer to Microsoft Office 365

Hello @MalcolmP and thank you for reaching out to the community.

Since this is a change of tennats, you normally would need to close your GoDaddy 365, before creating a new one under Microsoft.

At least that was my experience I had in the past, due to change of O365 environments.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Thanks, I was hoping it might happen automatically - Microsoft are aware of the GoDaddy account and also my subscription with them, and GoDaddy have my Domain subscription...

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@MalcolmP

You welcome. Just note you might want to save your email to like a .pst, save your OneDrive files or whatever to a offline location for easy transfer over to your new O365 tennat. But since your in talks with O365 support you can ask them if there is a better option with transferring data over. Which there possibly be.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***