cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy email/outlook error/issue: The UID of a message changed unexpectedly.

While using outlook(do not have webmail open in browser) I get a random pop up error that read as the following:  "The UID of a message changed unexpectedly.This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this."

Has anyone seen this or aware what might be causing it? Trying to help my friend out.

Thank you in adavance

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Godaddy email/outlook error/issue: The UID of a message changed unexpectedly.

Hey @Miztic1,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Not sure what causes that specific issue, but does look like it has come up a few times on the Microsoft community forums. Perhaps there some more insight there on the cause, but in the meantime you can try removing the email profile from Outlook and then re-add it as this was mentioned as a common fix. 

Let us know if you find anything else. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Godaddy email/outlook error/issue: The UID of a message changed unexpectedly.

Thank you, I saw that post. We tired it but the issue appeared again after a couple weeks. Have to keep digging.

i'm getting it also...as far as I know on all units using IMAP running outlook 2010...have not found a good resolution yet as I do not want to change to POP

Highlighted
New

Anyone get a fix for this that actually works.  Near as I can tell a client hired me to move their email to IMAP from Pop3 so that multiple devices could access synchronized Inbox etc.   thats when the errors began.  Not sure if it has to do with changing the protocol or the multiple access points/devices.  I dont have a lot of experience with Godaddy WebMail however I have moved users on exchange to different protocols and never seen this.  Please help.  I know IMAP predates all these smart devices and may just have a limitation in dealing with multiple access points.

New

I ran into this message today, so it looks like it hasn't been repaired in two years!

Any ideas?

Solution

Hi @Bw5,

Welcome to the Community! 

This is an Outlook issue for the client in use for email retrieval. You can check out this thread from Microsoft here or search their help forums. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support