cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How can I take backup of my emails to import to Office 365 on godaddy?

Hello Guys,

I want to move to Office 365 therefore, I want to take backup of all emails and import it on Office 365. How can I do that?

Best Regards..

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee

Re: How can I take backup of my emails on godaddy?

Hi @Kan

Thank you for you post. One method to do this is to use an outlook email client to download the existing emails, then export a PST backup file.  After you have connected the new email (Office 365) to the same email client you can then import the PST  backup and and after loading should sync the information and content to the new server.

Here is a 3rd party help guide that you may use as a visual reference:

http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/it/howto/email/exp.html 

Also, if you are currently on Workspace email currently,  we offer a migration service as well. 

Hope this helps!

-TechFly

Does this also include all the emails in the sent items? Or just the emails in the inbox?

Please clarify.

Resolution

@TechFly wrote:

Hi @Kan

Thank you for you post. One method to do this is to use an outlook email client to download the existing emails, then export a PST backup file.  After you have connected the new email (Office 365) to the same email client you can then import the PST  backup and and after loading should sync the information and content to the new server.

Here is a 3rd party help guide that you may use as a visual reference:

http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/it/howto/email/exp.html 

Also, if you are currently on Workspace email currently,  we offer a migration service as well. 

Hope this helps!

-TechFly

Not Found

The requested URL /it/howto/email/exp.html  was not found on this server.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @kiwibruce. I'm not sure what was on the link that was shared earlier, but here is a Help Center article about exporting PST files in Outlook. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.