cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

My subdomain email is not working

Hi, I have g-suite setup in gmail for my company domain tritechbd.com.  Now I wanted to activate additional emails from my cPanel email. Since my domain is already used by gmail, I tried to create a subdomain as contact.tritechbd.com for a workaround. However, when I try to email from the newly created emails under this subdomain, it appears email was sent, but never reached the destination. Same way when I sent email to this address from other addresses, email never bounced, but never reached this mail box either. Could you please please help me asap as I need some more emails to be created for my company urgently.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My subdomain email is not working

Hey @sartri. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There are a few hurdles you'll need to get past in order for this to work. The first would be to make sure you have the right DNS records. I see you have an MX record for mail.contact.tritechbd.com. However, you do not have an A record to support this. You'll need to create an A record with the host of 'mail.contact' that points to the IP address of your hosting plan. 

The second thing you'll want to do is make sure contact.tritechbd.com is set up to use cPanel email via its MX Entry settings. If you click on the MX Entry item under Email on your cPanel dashboard, you'll have the option to chose a hosted domain or subdomain. For contact.tritechbd.com, you'll want to make sure it's set to use the Local setting. The domain tritechbd.com should use the remote setting since your email for that domain is outside the cPanel environment. Otherwise, emails sent from the website or other addresses associated with your hosting account might not make it to Gmail servers.

Hope that gets you started. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.