cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send emails using SMTP

Hi,

We have installed Mautic, a Marketing automation application on our Godaddy server. We are using Office 365 email and while configuring the email settings in the application, when I give any of the following configurations, I get an error.

Configurations -

SMTP Host - smtp.office365.com

Port - 587

Encryption - TLS

Authentication - username and password

Error Message - Connection could not be established with host smtp.office365.com [Connection refused #111] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.office365.com [Connection refused #111] (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.office365.com [Connection refused #111] (code: 0)

Even when I changed the Host to relay-hosting.secureserver.net and port 25, with no encryption, I get the following error - 

Connection could not be established with host relay-hosting.secureserver.net [Connection refused #111] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host relay-hosting.secureserver.net [Connection refused #111] (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host relay-hosting.secureserver.net [Connection refused #111] (code: 0)

Please let me know if there is a resolution for this.

Thanks,

Girish

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Not able to send emails using SMTP

change port to 465 and try

Hi @gbendigiri....I am working on the same setup.  Did you find a solution to this? 

I tried using various ports but not successful. Ultimately, by googling realized that Port 587 is blocked by GoDaddy for shared servers. And hence we had to move to another hosting platform where we were able to work it out.

Anyone has a solution for this?

I had the same problem.

Hi @Presciliano,

Welcome to the Community!

If you could provide more details for our users here, a customer with a similar, resolved issue may be able to lend a hand. Please include the type of email plan you have, the 3rd-party clients you are using, and any error messages you are seeing. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Did anyone discover a solution?

I am looking at this setup, and I want to convert over to Mautic, but the SMTP protocol has been difficult and is preventing me from connecting Amazon SES with Mautic. I am certain it is an issue of various ports being closed.

And...   I am hoping someone found a simple fix.

Sincerely,

Patrick