cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting email

Forgive me for asking a stupid question as I am usually tech savvy. I am using the  free email forwarding account with my domain and set it all up - but when i email the address to test it, it never forwards through to my gmail. I dont have any email accounts set up otherwise with godaddy, just the forwarding email account. What have I done wrong? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Not getting email

@laurabee123 

Can you list what your domain is so I confirm the MX record - not being able to receive mail is typically due to an issue with the MX record

Philip

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Not getting email/

Penguinprose.com
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Not getting email/

@laurabee123 

I can see that you are setup to use the GoDaddy WorkSpace Email (this is free forwarding / basic email from GoDaddy) in the Asia Data Center...

So everything should be working just fine.... Are you saying that if you send from your gmail account to the forward you don't get it back in gmail?? - If so this maybe correct as gmail views things sent from yourself to yourself as the same email and only shows in sent - you'd have to send from another email address other than your gmail account

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Not getting email//?isc=gdcommment

I see what you are saying and will try that, thanks.