cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Outlook 2010 Server reported a UID that does not comply with the IMAP standard?

Hello, I recently changed my spam settings to higher in outlook 2010 and when I went to delete an email I received an error message saying "Your server reported a UID that does not comply with the IMAP standard. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this." I can press either "OK" or "<< Details".

A few minutes before this happened I changed my junk e-mail settings in Outlook 2010, if that has anything to do with this. This email was also created and set up in Outlook 2010 about 2 weeks ago and it has been working fine. So far it has only happened with this email I trued to delete and so far no others. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: Outlook 2010 Server reported a UID that does not comply with the IMAP standard?

Hi @HChildOrg

Not sure what causes that specific issue, but does look like it has come up a few times on the Microsoft community forums. Perhaps there some more insight there on the cause, but in the meantime you can try removing the email profile from Outlook and then re-add it as this was mentioned as a common fix. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support