cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

POP/SMTP issue: "Mail server pop.asia.secureserver.net responded: temporary error"

Hi,

Since around the end of 2016 I can't access my emails by POP/SMTP anymore. I am using settings that used to work for years: www. godaddy. com /help/thunderbird-set-up-email-4878

The error is:

"Sending of password for user xxx@xxxxx.xxx did not succeed. Mail server pop.asia.secureserver.net responded: temporary error"

Is there any change in the settings?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: POP/SMTP issue: "Mail server pop.asia.secureserver.net responded: temporary error"

I still can use the webmail version with the same username and password that I am using in POP/SMTP at 

https://email.godaddy.com/

New

Re: POP/SMTP issue: "Mail server pop.asia.secureserver.net responded: temporary error"

I have the SAME problem as of last week!

Hi,

I am facing the same problem since morning my incoming mail server "pop.asia.securesever.net" is not repsonding, I try to change the server setting but no success even though i can sent email but cant recieve any email in my outlook. 

Please assist.....

New

I'm getting a EOF communication error in my email program when trying to receive email. Messages show up in the webmail interface though.  

Solution

[SOLVED] Re: POP/SMTP issue: "Mail server pop.asia.secureserver.net responded: temporary error"

So I changed my password today (I didn't do it for a long while) and used only letters and numbers with uppercase/lowercase (I used to have some other characters) and now everything works fine.

Re: [SOLVED] Re: POP/SMTP issue: "Mail server pop.asia.secureserver.net responded: temporary er

I just tried resetting PW without odd characters and that worked fine for me. Of course that leaves me wondering why the problem went away for two weeks before reappearing but that's one horse's mouth I'm not going to be checking.