cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Sent folder stays empty

Hi, I have 3 email accounts and none of them are retaining a copy of emails in the sent folder even though all the settings show to do so.  I have followed advice given in another post, which was actually how the Sent folders are already set up, so don't know what else to check or do to fix this.

Is a real pain!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sent folder stays empty

Hello there SylviB,

I would love to help out more but I need to know more about your setup and how you are checking your email. Do you happen to be using outlook or are you checking your email via the web based email?

I will attempt to explain some of the main differences between IMAP and POP which are different ways email plans can function.

POP works by downloading your emails from your provider's mail server, and then marking them for deletion there. This means you can only ever read those email messages in that email client, on that computer. You will not be able to access any previously downloaded emails from any other device, or with any other email client, or through webmail.

IMAP allows you to access your emails from any client, and any device, and webmail login at any time, until you delete them. You are always seeing the same emails, no matter how you access your provider's server.

If you would like a more accurate assessment of your issue our support teams might be able to help isolate the issue further if the above description did not explain.

Mike L. | WebPro