cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Setup email with site hosted at GoDaddy and domain name through Google

I have been reading for hours now so if the answer is in support I apologize.

Am I correct in that the free email provided with hosting cannot be setup with a Google domain name?

If not and I can setup my free email, do I get SMTP with it?  I think the dashboard said I had 250 a day but other help articles say no, I don't.

Please help and thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, figured it out.

Google stops the emails at their end to check and manage any alias you have set up.  Like: me@yoursite.com or webadmin@yoursite.com

To fix this you need to go into Google domain settings and delete the MX records for that name.  You can learn how to do this here: 

https://support.google.com/a/answer/33915?hl=en

And for anyone still having trouble remember to always set your smtp.Host = "relay-hosting.secureserver.net "; and the smtp.Port = 25;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Helper I

Hi,

Yes you can but I strongly recommend that you DON'T.

I had so much hassle after doing that that I eventually migrated my mails to secureserver.net (Workspace).

It does cost more but hopefully its better.

Regards

Alan

Thank you for the response.  I will check them out and see if they meet my needs.  Seems a shame to have to pay more for a resource GoDaddy says they provide free.

Yup.

I agree.

I feel ripped off by GoDaddy.

Alan

Ok, figured it out.

Google stops the emails at their end to check and manage any alias you have set up.  Like: me@yoursite.com or webadmin@yoursite.com

To fix this you need to go into Google domain settings and delete the MX records for that name.  You can learn how to do this here: 

https://support.google.com/a/answer/33915?hl=en

And for anyone still having trouble remember to always set your smtp.Host = "relay-hosting.secureserver.net "; and the smtp.Port = 25;

View solution in original post

Well done.

Seems that we have to learn the hard way