cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Spoofing?

My email account seems to be sending out several messages a minute - all of which are getting flagged as spam (with the odd bounceback). Obviously this is concerning. I've followed some instructions to add an SPF record, but as yet it hasn't done a thing. Worried that unless something is sorted I'm going to get flagged as a spammer myself.

spam1.jpgspam2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Spoofing?

Hey there @minthr,

First things first, change all your passwords. All of them.

Second, you might want to run a security scan on your site. Either they've hacked your email or you have malware.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Spoofing?

Hi @minthr. Sorry to hear this is happening for you. Just to clarify, while I'd agree that following @MrVapor's suggestions is a wise course of action, if the mail is only being spoofed, you may not be able to do much more. Take a look at the discussion about spoofing in this post for more information. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.