cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer Emails - Moving Domain ownership from GoDaddy account to another

I'm going to be involved in moving an existing GoDaddy managed domain with Web email (not O365) from one GoDaddy account to a new GoDaddy account. Nothing else changes, only the owner account. What is necessary to migrate the email addresses and all emails when the domain is transferred to the new GoDaddy account. When this is migrated, I'm assuming that the prepaid funds transfer as well? That is, I don't have to pay for the email plan again? It just renewed a few months ago.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Transfer Emails - Moving Domain ownership from GoDaddy account to another

@NeverGrowOld 

That kind of depends. I'm assuming when you say "GoDaddy email" you mean the cPanel email that's included on your hosting package. GoDaddy doesn't make that email product. It's a standard feature of cPanel. 

If you're migrating the hosting from one account to another, you would move the email folder over as well, make the email addresses anew in the new cPanel hosting, and you should be good to go.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Re: Transfer Emails - Moving Domain ownership from GoDaddy account to another

Hi @NeverGrowOld,

Welcome to the Community!

If you're moving a Workspace Email plan (not cPanel email), you will need to purchase a new plan in the account you're moving TO. The plan itself does not transfer. However, when you delete these emails in the old account from our system, then set them up in a few hours using the exact same addresses, the emails will auto-populate in the new account, the new plan. Your DNS on the domain will stay the same. To move the domain, you may use the instructions here

If you do not need both accounts, or do not want to purchase a new plan, our customer support staff can merge the 2 accounts. Please consult with them for assistance in moving your email plan, as those plans can only be placed by an agent.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support