cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT invoices - VAT disappears when printing or converting to PDF

Greetings,

I am having an issue with invoices that I need to download for my accounting.

When I open my receipt it shows everything correctly, but when I hit "print" it changes the format, so it suddenly doesn't show the VAT anymore.

I am trying to save as pdf, but it's the same issue as if I just send to printer.

It does show the price without VAT (not stated that it's without VAT) and the amount paid, so I can calculate the VAT. But for accounting purposes, I need it to state clearly what's what.

And I can't just take a screenshot, as the receipt is bigger than the pop-up window.

Any explanation / solution for this?

PS. I'm Danish, dunno if that makes any difference in your systems.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: VAT invoices - VAT disappears when printing or converting to PDF

Hi @robertp. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

I know that this was an issue a few years ago, but it should be working correctly now. I wasn't able to duplicate what you're seeing. Could you provide some screenshots displaying the problem you're seeing? I'd be happy to get your feedback passed on to the relevant people. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi @JesseW. Thanks for your reply.

Of course, your'll find them below.

"Invoice1A" and "Invoice1B" shows the invoice from the "View" popup.

"Invoice1 - Print" shows how it looks when I send it for printing or save as PDF.Invoice1A.pngInvoice1B.pngInvoice1 - Print.png

Community Manager
Community Manager

@robertp - That is very odd. It looks like you're getting only one page as an option when there should be at least two. A regularly printed page would show the tax and subtotal below what you're showing and then the amounts again on the right side of the page. That's what I see when I try to save to PDF for a receipt with VAT tax. It could be related to something on your browser or system. I'd suggest trying to print using a Chrome incognito window to see if that makes a difference. You could also try another browser. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW Very odd indeed and it doesn't get less odd.. ^^

I tried in incognito with same result. Then for some reason I tried right-clicking and select print from the dropdown instead. It now shows the full first page incl. tax, but still not the second page and still not exactly pretty..

I then tried to select landscape instead and it now shows two pages, but the second is blank.

I haven't been able to try other browsers at the moment, as they don't let me scroll the preview window while the print window is open... :-/

Invoice1_-_Print2.pngInvoice1_-_Print_landscapeA.pngInvoice1_-_Print_landscapeB.png

@JesseW

Oh, it seems the problem is only with this one receipt! :-S

I just tried opening some other receipts and they look just fine. At least when using the Print icon - not the right-click and dropdown..