cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Webmail Sent folder got deleted. Can I restore the messages?

Hello,

I just logged in to my webmail account and to my surprise the sent folder contained only 2 emails. There should be at least 15. I personally didn't delete anything, because I wanted to keep those emails.

Is there a way to restore them?

Thank you for any suggestions.

N

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Webmail Sent folder got deleted. Can I restore the messages?

Hi @n1ksm,

If you have your email setup to several devices, it could be that one of them is removing your messages from the server. I suggest reviewing your devices setup to make sure the option to keep your messages on the server is selected. Depending on how many days the messages were removed a restore may be possible but you will need to reach out to support to look into it. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Thank you for the quick reply @charminglygeeky !

I have the email setup on my iPhone which deleted those messages on it's own because of low storage space. I checked my settings - never delete on server was selected. The messages were deleted from my phone approx 4 days ago. How should I proceed, I'm currently in a country that isn't listed on the support page.

N

New

Sorry, my mistake. I double checked, it is listed. I'll report back.

New
Solution

Got in touch with tech support. Their explanation was, they cannot help me because my email is based on a EU server, and they cannot by law, access or modify EU servers.. so my mails are lost forever.

Not a good solution to my problem. But at least I know what caused it.. probably.

Thanks for your help!

N

I have same problem, can i restore my sent msgs.