cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Well, I don't trust it, really

OK. As I understood, this could be a legit e-mail as well. I guess you have seen this e-mail:
------------------------------------------------
"Double-check your domain contact info.

ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, requires us to ask you to review and update your details for the following domain(s):

xxxxxx.com
Verify Your Info Now

You must sign in to view and update the domain details. Here's your Domain Key in case you're prompted to enter it after signing in: 97xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Here's why it matters:

Inaccurate contact details can result in website downtime or domain cancellation. If your domain contact info is up to date, you're good to go. If not, then you need to correct it.

You can review the ICANN policy here. Questions? Call 24/7 Support at +1 (480) 505-8877.

---------------------------------------------

Thing is, as per official guidelines here, there should be a visible indication when I log into my godaddy account, but I don't see any.

It's a Saturday and since we don't have a local support, it's pretty expensive to call [as chat support is on holidays] :]

Is it legit?

4 REPLIES 4

Suspicious Email

I received email supposed to be from godaddy, need to verify the authenticity.

1.png

Super User I
Super User I

Re: Well, I don't trust it, really

Hello and thank you for reaching out to the community.

Did the email come from accountupdate@godaddy.com?

If so, it's legit.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Super User I
Super User I

@Olafs_Osh

When you click on the verify now, it should take you to dcc.godaddy.com > where you'll most likely need to login to your GoDaddy account > then verify your information. If correct, you will select 'My information is correct'. And that will be it. 

Click here to see screenshot. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

The notice would only appear in your account if there were a certain problem with your domain.  But the email you received does not indicate a specific problem, rather it is just a reminder to help avoid problems.  It is a requirement that the whois contact details be accurate, but as this is separate from your GoDaddy account information some forget to update both when appropriate.

It is a good idea to log directly into your account instead of clicking links if there's an email that you are not completely 100% sure about.  You can check your whois contact details in the domain manager, or search for your domain in the whois database.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-domain-contact-information-418

https://dcc50.godaddy.com/dcc50/ICANNConfirmation/VerifyKey.aspx

https://www.godaddy.com/whois