cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Workspace email attachment problem

Hello everyone,

I have some attachment in Arabic language, when attach them to workspace emails their names turn to question marks (??????.filename) and then cannot be opened from the email. WHY ? and how to solve this issue?

Regards

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Workspace email attachment problem

Hi @Rabah. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I tested this using a was account and a Notepad file with the title ملف نصي.txt. I saved the file using UTF-8 encoding and attached it to a Workspace Email message that was composed using the webmail interface. The file arrived in the destination email and I was able to download it and open it without experiencing what you described. If you can provide specific steps to reproduce the issue, then it might be possible for someone in the community to offer further suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

10-17-2018 3-35-20 PM.jpgHello JesseW, please check the captured screen, still there is an issue.

Please advise

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rabah - To clarify, I used UTF-8 as the encoding option when saving the file, before attaching it to the email. You may need to export the PDF using that encoding specifically. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Can you provide links explaining these in more details for MS word and PDF.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rabah - I'm not sure how you would do this. We don't have any documentation on this feature of Microsoft Word, since we're not the publisher. I'm sure you can find information about it online though. The main thing I meant to convey is that it is possible for Workspace Email to attach files that have Arabic characters in their name if they are properly encoded. 

New

then do froward, it will damage the file name to ?????.filename . This is not the case if using online outlook email. So the problem is from the workspace its-self.

Please report this to Goddady to find the solution (should add the encoding inside the workspace  email header).

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rabah. I see. I was able to duplicate that. I'll pass the information along to our development team for review. However, I wouldn't be able to say when/if this will change. We do appreciate you bringing the issue forward though. 

New

@JesseW. Please escalate ASAP. I did but no any actions. All emails web based emails are working fine but Workspace not !!! Thanks 

New

Hello,

Please any update

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rabah - This issue is on our developer's radar. However, I'm not sure how long it will before it is addressed. If this is a critical issue for your business/organization, you may want to consider using a different email solution, as the change will not likely occur soon. Sorry Man Sad

New

Hi JesseW, 

Hopefully expecting any possible solution for this '"??????" issue in email, I am Godaddy customer from past 5 years, and still godaddy team working on this issue and not resolved is a disappointing thing. 

Not just attachments, we are unable to read "Emails" with "Arabic Text". Any email in Arabic Language we are facing "?????" issue.

can you please check with Godaddy UAE community team to help and resolve the issue ASAP.