cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

emails are not forwarding

I'm trying to forward my emails to another email address from a custom domain email which I own. Under "my products" -> workspace email -> email forwarding 100 pack I've added the custom domain email along with the forwarding email. However it bounces back and does not go through. I understanding the dns can take a while to reset, but it's been about a month. Any ideas? I've looked under "manage all" and the email is there and is correct....

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Re: emails are not forwarding

@NR5P 

What is your domain so we can take a look at your DNS settings?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Re: emails are not forwarding/?isc=gdcommment

nr5p.com is the domain. nathan@nr5p.com is the email I'm trying to use to
forward to my other email
New

@PL281 

nr5p.com is the domain and nathan@nr5p.com is the email I'm trying to use to forward to my other email.

Solution

Hi @NR5P!

It looks like this email forwarding is not working due to your domain not showing any MX records. When I perform a DNS Dig on the domain, no MX records are being reported. You will want to ensure the following MX records are added:

mailstore1.secureserver.net     with a priority of 10
smtp.secureserver.net      with a priority of 0

The "Host" for these records will be the @ sign.

Once you have this added, the email forward should start working shortly after. 

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

This godaddy has turned awful and very confusing.

I registered a couple of parked domains and used email forwarding on the domains.

This has now just stopped, emails don’t send. They are important to me also.

I am trying to transfer the domain away from godaddy to LCN which is user friendly and reliable. Now godaddy says transfer is unavailable. I have done everything the bad customer support says to do, usually cuts me off in the middle of a discussion.

It’s bad, does anyone know..can they actually prevent me from transferring away from them?

LCN is a great company, straight forward and user friendly. They can’t transfer my domain until I update the name servers. Of course godaddy says These are not with them.

How frustrating! They keep trying to charge me for email forwarding also!

Hi @Darenguitar.

Sorry to hear about these issues you have been facing with trying to transfer your domain out. We won't prohibit you from transferring the domain out as long as it is currently active in your account, but if the domain is less than 60 days old or a contact update has been on the domain, ICANN will place a lock on the domain and keep it from being able to be transferred out. 

If you would like to provide me with the domain, I would be happy to look into this further for you.

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.