Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
Helper II

Adding a real time commenting section

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right area.  But, I am trying to get help in something which is on my website, which is to do with the code, btw, so I am hoping that you will be able to help out.

I am trying to add a real-time commenting section to my reviews page of my website, and have found an article which all me to put it in, but the section doesn't work.  Any ideas on how to improve it and make it work?  It is in HTML, CSS, AJAX, PHP and SQL.

The website for you to view the page (and I hope that this works) is here:

https://www.dysphasia.co.uk/review/review.html

Damo

"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all." - John F. Kennedy

7 REPLIES 7
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Adding a real time commenting section

So what you want is the comment/review to become immediately live on your website @damouk23? There is some danger to that? Usually I advise comments to be reviewed before it appears. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Helper II

@rd wrote:

So what you want is the comment/review to become immediately live on your website @damouk23? There is some danger to that? Usually I advise comments to be reviewed before it appears. 

Oh yeah, I forgot that.  Is there a tutorial where I can get that created?

Sorry for the delay in replying, I didn't see your message!!

Damo

Super User I

I can try to help @damouk23, would you like to do this directly in code or are you looking for a component solution? Is the example you gave what you want, an example or what you currently have?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Helper II

I'm wanting to do it directly into the coding and to have a complete solution (in fact, sorry, I don't think I got that right, so please tell me what you mean by 'complete solution'?)

Damo

Super User I
Solution

I meant complete solution as in "all done on your website by code" @damouk23. I was more thinking of the possible solution you could use and that is based on your need and ability. There are certainly canned solutions you could use as well, it is just based the end goal. What code base are you must comfortable using? 

Helper II

Oh right. I'm happy with HTML5, CSS3, JS, Bootstrap and php. The latter is the next language I will learn along with MySQL.

Damo

Super User I
Solution

Sounds like you should go with a combination of PHP and MySQL @damouk23? There are some really good step-by-step tutorials on YouTube if you go with that method. Even of you're new to PHP and MySQL this would be a great project to learn on the fly. Don't forget the CAPTCHA! Can't wait to see the results!