cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't connect to the server

Hi, I have created a domain and and website in Windows Plesk with wordpress. But when I try to run the application this is the message that I got in my browser.

"We can’t connect to the server at www.upsilon-solution.ci"

Please anyone can help me to fix it?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can't connect to the server

@Upsilon 

When I look up upsilon-solution.ci I can't seem to get WHOIS / DNS information - are you using it as a local host???

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User I
Super User I

Hello @Upsilon and thank you for reaching out to the community.  I also agree with @PL281.

My DNS (nslookup) for your domain is showing as non-existent domain. Click here to see screenshot.

When I looked your domain up in GoDaddy WHOIS didn't see it either. Click here to see screenshot. 

Did you just purchase and create this domain/website today? Domain Name Services (DNS) can take up to 72 hours for propagation to complete. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

I recently bought Web Hosting, "Windows/Plesk - Ultimate" for 12 months. I think that I can create any domain and sub domain and host my web application. I didn't buy any domain with Goddady cause for me I don't need to puchase a domain once I'm registred with windows/plesk - Ultimate. I guess that a free domain is included within the plan. I purchased WINDOWS/PLESK PLAN and create a domain. That's why I created "https://www.upsilon-solutions.ci" as we are in Cote D'ivoire. Is there any process to be followed to make my wordpress web site being see over internet?

Please help.

Thanks in advanced

Super User III
Super User III

@Upsilon

If I understand what you are saying that you purchased the hosting and it includes a free domain name.

You said that you created the domain.... by this I assume you mean in Plesk you entered that domain as what you wanted to use.

You still need to register the domain ( “purchase” it). You should have a credit so it will not charge you when you checkout.

You can host whatever domains/sub domains you’d like to on the server but they need to be valid / registered domains to be able to be “live” on the internet

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Good morning Sir, You are right, They said that I will get a free domain once I purchase the plan. That's why I entered that domain name. So you mean that I need to purchase  a domain even if I bought Windows/plesk plan?

It's my first domain and I guess that I should get one registered domain at the time I purchased the plan. Isn't it?

Thanks for your help.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Upsilon 

For how GoDaddy works, you get credit(s) for things when purchased together - 

For example when you purchase something that has a Free SSL for a year, you get a "credit" for it - but you still need to set up the certificate for a domain 

In looking at the Free Domain name, it should have been done when you purchased the server.

In looking at https://www.godaddy.com/websites/free-domain it appears that GoDaddy limits the extension of the domain you can purchase.  Also it appears from https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-cctlds-country-code-domain-names-6243 that GoDaddy is not a registrar for .CI domains

So 1) You would need to register you .ci domain elsewhere that does register .ci domains - you can google search for .ci domain registration - once registered you would have to point 

2) I would also contact GoDaddy support to see about registering a domain with one of the valid extensions to be added with your plan - I'm not sure if you can do this after the purchase was completed