cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I

How to delete a database ?

Hi, Hoping someone can help me delete some databases that have been created. I have been installing and uninstalling some of the one click software you can install on Plesk Onyx.

For instance I installed Moodle which created a database. When I uninstalled Moodle the database was left. ( I now have several of these and it looks messy) As you can see "Remove Database" is not highlighted so I can not remove it. Is there another way using GoDaddy's control panel for me to do this ? Thanks

database.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: How to delete a database ?

Hello 

1. Log into phpMyAdmin (cPanel / Plesk / Web Hosting / Managed WordPress).

Note: In cPanel Hosting you must select the database for your WordPress site in the left-hand column before proceeding to the next step.

2. You should see a list of all your database tables.
  3. Check the Check All box.

Note: You can drop specific tables by checking individual boxes next to the table names.

4. From the drop down next to the Check All box, select Drop.
  5. Click Yes, when prompted with "Do you really want to execute the following query?"

6. Click Yes to drop the tables.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
Helper I

Re: How to delete a database ?

Hi @ZulWeb, it seems there has been a misunderstanding im trying to delete the database not drop tables. I can already drop tables.

Thanks