cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Multiple issues with Wordpress install

With several issues on my old install, I thought the best solution would be to wipe and start again.

So, I have Wordpress 5.2.2 installed...

1. I can't import the XML export I created before I deleted the old site.

• With various searches, I need to update the php.ini file but under Plesk, some of these settings are in a different file (user.ini) which can't be edited and doesn't include the setting I need.

2. I'll restore from an old backup?

• I can install the WordPress Importer plugin and the Twenty Nineteen theme, but all of the plugins I try to install fail with the error 'The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions'.
  • I can't find the site admin email inbox to check what I need to do next...

At this point, I've spent 4 hours doing something that should have taken 2.

Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Multiple issues with Wordpress install

@persnickety 

Besides for the fact that I really don't recommend running WordPress on windows....

1) you are correct that typically on windows it is user.ini vs php.ini and some of the formatting of settings is slightly different

2) The issue with XML import might be a PHP extension not being able on the server

3) If you can view the database you should be able to see the default email for the site in the options table

4) If you have access to the server error log, you should see the PHP error (assuming errors are logged) as to what the issue is

If I had to guess it's one of a couple things

a) could be a path / permission settings 

b) could be a memory issue - not enough memory

c) could be a php version issue

or it could be something else all together

Hopefully this can help get you going in the right direction

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community