cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Added SSL now Site Not Loading

I recently installed a SSL on my site which is hosted in a Managed WordPress plan. The domain is at Google. The SSL verifies but the site now won't load as it is displays a message displaying it can't show a secure connection.

I've called into GoDaddy support but they have been less than helpful and seem to have a sales pitch for the Managed SSL. Any ideas would be welcomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lamaycon 

Depending on how long ago the SSL was installed, it can take about 10 minutes to full become active. If you are still having issues AND you have a green dot on the hosting dashboard next to security, you will need to CALL into godaddy, they will more than likely need to get a tech lead involved.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User IV

@lamaycon 

What is your domain name?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Super User IV

@lamaycon 

1) How did you install SSL on your site - was this a purchased SSL certificate or a paid one

2) It appears that the install is not configured for SSL - hence the protocol error - I would call into GoDaddy support as they may have to refresh the site.

Thanks for looking into this.

1. We purchased the SSL through GoDaddy. It is not a Managed SSL.

2. I tried calling but they keep saying we need to have a Managed SSL. When we added one in the past in a similar situation we never had to do that.

Should we cancel it and start the process again?

@lamaycon 

A couple of follow ups

1) Which Level of Managed WordPress do you have (as many of them come with SSL - hence the reason I'm asking)

2) Can you send a screen capture of the Hosting Dashboard that shows the little green dot with SSL 

1. We have the basic Managed WordPress

2. Is this the screenshot you wish to see?

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 10.03.19 AM.png

@lamaycon 

Ok - so if you purchased the certificate - it is not installed on the site yet - what you need to do is go to the SSL manager - and you may have to rekey the certificate and select the managed wordpress site when it asks for that and then it should install / configure the SSL certificate

Thank you! When I re-key I need the CSR - where is that found?

@lamaycon 

You shouldn't need the CSR as when you select the hosting package it should do it for you

Thank you! I got the SSL Rekeyed but now the site is showing a 503 error and not loading still. Any ideas?

@lamaycon 

Depending on how long ago the SSL was installed, it can take about 10 minutes to full become active. If you are still having issues AND you have a green dot on the hosting dashboard next to security, you will need to CALL into godaddy, they will more than likely need to get a tech lead involved.

View solution in original post