cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly served with expired SSL certificate

We renewed the SSL certificate that is used by our site hosted on godaddy, but we get a really weird behaviour.

The pages of the website are served sometimes with the renewed certificate and sometimes with the expired one getting the error ERR_DATE_CERT_INVALID 
As the certificate is managed by godaddy (it's a web hosting solution) I cannot do anything on the server (we have access only at the web level) 
Is there something that I'm missing? 

6 REPLIES 6
Super User IV

@menunfc 

what is your domain name?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

the domain is nfcservice.guru

@menunfc 

So you have a background image referenced as http:// so that is giving you mixed content - but otherwise the new certificate looks to be working correctly

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I'm talking about the certificate, not the content. (we'll check that too)

That's a configuration problem in godaddy web hosting. 

For example at my location, in this moment the certificate my browser gets is the expired one.

@menunfc 

Do you still have the old certificate installed on the server - One thing I noticed was the domain on the certificate didn't match I'm guessing it is a multiple domain certificate

Have you tried a private browsing window as it may a local cache - everything that I see shows it is working

We'll move away from Godaddy