cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL Certificates

Hello, I operate multiple domains from a single hosting account.   Is it possible to purchase one security certificate and use it for more than one domain/website on my hosting account?  Although I have multiple websites, only one or two of my websites require SSL.

Thank,

Anthony 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: SSL Certificates

@3093bryant 

SSL Certificates are tied to a domain name - there are wildcard certificates that allow for site1.domain.com site2.domain.com and so forth. 

Personally I use Let's Encrypt for the SSL certificates on my VPS server as they are free and Auto-Renew. If you are running a cPanel server, you can also use Let's Encrypt but the renewal is manual every 3 months

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Re: SSL Certificates

I greatly appreciate your assistance regarding this matter.  This matter has been resolved based on your advice.  One tip for others is that the Let's Encrypt created folders/files didn't show up on my shared hosting server, so I had to select display hidden files, and I also had to remove the .txt in order for Let's Encrypt to be able to read the file and let me move forward.