cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ssl verification issue stuck on 7%

I have ssl certicate ,I have gone through csr ,I have also added html file at the root directory but still there is no progress in verification,i have added file last week,is there anything needed more.

Page still show

The following services are temporarily unavailable:

• Prior validation of domains. You will need to complete validation for all domains that were previously validated using HTML, when rekeying/managing a certificate.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. 

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Hi @Motorspect. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Based on the fact that your application is at 7%, I would guess that you're applying for an EV (Extended Validation) SSL Certificate. Those can take longer to verify, but something could be "stuck" with the process. My suggestion would be to reach out to our support team if this hasn't advanced at all since you posted this message. If you want to call into the SSL team directly, you can dial (480) 463-8887. Otherwise, you can call any of the numbers listed here to be transferred to the SSL team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hello @JesseW

I'm having this exact same issue. It is with an EV SSL Certificate as you mentioned. I have a question about the EV SSL certificate. I am not a business or company of any kind. My website is simply my personal website (bio, profile, etc). I mostly purchased EV SSL because a lot of SEO blogs are mentioning that Google will soon label non-ssl sites with web forms as unsafe. Did I purchase the wrong type of certificate? Can I not be verified for this type of certificate in my situation? I have been reading over the document at https://www.godaddy.com/help/verify-my-certificate-request-extended-validation-23840 and am concerned that I may have purchased the wrong thing for my needs.

Community Manager

@jersey wrote:

Hello @JesseW

I'm having this exact same issue. It is with an EV SSL Certificate as you mentioned. I have a question about the EV SSL certificate. I am not a business or company of any kind. My website is simply my personal website (bio, profile, etc). I mostly purchased EV SSL because a lot of SEO blogs are mentioning that Google will soon label non-ssl sites with web forms as unsafe. Did I purchase the wrong type of certificate? Can I not be verified for this type of certificate in my situation? I have been reading over the document at https://www.godaddy.com/help/verify-my-certificate-request-extended-validation-23840 and am concerned that I may have purchased the wrong thing for my needs.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you @jersey. EV SSL Certificates are usually a better fit for companies or organizations. A Standard SSL Certificate should suffice in your situation. My suggestion would be to get in touch with our support team so they can help you get any applicable refund. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I also have the same problem.

I've called GoDaddy 2 times already and have been told to expect a call multiple times.

No calls (for verification) have been made and it's been more than a week.

FYI, I've been stuck at 20% for a week or so.

SSL Verification progress stopped. now only 7% progress. so what can I do now???

Hello @pamela3!

Thank you for posting. The dashboard should give you an explanation of why the progress has stalled out. If you're not seeing anything, reach out to our support team so they can have a look. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi SSL verification status stopped. Now it is 50% for several days and nothing happens.