cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

ssl related issue when uploading a plugin to a godaddy managed wordpress site

I was working on terrificportraitstudio.com modifying a custom plugin and got a pr_connect_reset_error the last time I tried to upload. I could do anything else on the site, but when I tried to upload the plugin, I would get the same error.

I moved to the staging site which is not ssl and got a more vague error. Again, I could do anything on the staging site except upload a plugin.

I was in the process of deactivating plugins one by one thinking support would try to blame it on a conflict. As I was trying the last one, it started working again. I re-activated the plugin and upload still worked. I went to the production site and it was suddenly working there too.

I'm wondering if there were issues that godaddy was working on mid afternoon that would explain this.

I don't see why this error could affect only 1 page/function of the website when it seems to be an error to do with the security certificate. Wouldn't it affect the whole site?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: ssl related issue when uploading a plugin to a godaddy managed wordpress site

Hello @rdebruynEIS 

There could have possibly been a hiccup on your tenant earlier today. Or just the process of going through the troubleshooting step like you did, could have self-corrected the issue as well. 

I don't see anything on the GoDaddy System status page for today. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: ssl related issue when uploading a plugin to a godaddy managed wordpress site

Hello @rdebruynEIS 

There could have possibly been a hiccup on your tenant earlier today. Or just the process of going through the troubleshooting step like you did, could have self-corrected the issue as well. 

I don't see anything on the GoDaddy System status page for today. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post