cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Send text to multiple recipients

Hi,

I'm using smartline for a week or so now. Yesterday I wanted to send a text message to 3 people.

I could not figure out how to add more than 1 recipient. Isn't that possible?

Regards,

Michael

22 REPLIES 22
Employee
Employee

Re: Send text to multiple recipients

Hi @Michael11,

Unfortunately Group Messaging is not available at this time. We do have it on our radar, and we plan to offer it sometime in 2018. As we develop the feature, it would help us if you could share why Group Messaging is important to your business and how you are using it. For example, are you trying to use it for marketing campaigns? Do you want everyone in the group message to be able to respond to each other or just to you?

Thanks,

Peter

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @Pete_R,

As a GoDaddy Pro and someone who collaborates on web projects, being able to send a group text would be helpful.  Before I started using Slack, I did it all the time.  The common-denominator method of web communication is still text/email and some (me included) have resisted adding more apps when in many cases " a simple group text works fine."

However, I do admit Slack is a much better tool!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Would love to group text with SmartLine.

I am a Home Inspector, and often have to coordinate with multiple people a once (clients, homeowners, real estate agents...) for the same thing. Right now, i am the odd ball out because I'm the only one without group text.

Build it please!

New

I would use group texts for the instant collaboration. The group would need to see all of the responses.

I'm a daily user of the SmartLine app for my real estate work.  I NEED group texting capability so I can communicate with my team effectively.  As of right now, when my team starts a group text I get every text individually and the replies to the first person initiating the text are then buried and not in order.  Please add that to an upcoming update!! 

I would like to send text to multiple customers to let them know my book recommendations. Also, I DO NOT want them to be able to respond to others, just me.

Thank you.

Employee
Employee

Hi @carrollwoodbook,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it on to the rest of the team.

Yes, I need to be able to send a text to more than one person at a time.  

Please let me know if/when there is an update to permit this feature.

Thanks!

Extras are always welcome and appreciated but you can do that with regular cellphones. I'd rather have a fix on the toll free caller ID fix so your company name shows with number
Ringleader2018

It is supported by SmartLine but I haven't had reason to try but I will and I'll post my results. God bless and have a great week everyone.
Ringleader2018

Not all business messaging is to or from customers or even marketing. I work with other team members together on projects and we need to be able to communicate to the entire group. Yes, we need everyone in the group to see who else is included and be able to respond to one, some, or all.
New

Hi just wanted to check in on the status of this.  I saw that GoDaddy was shooting for sometime during 2018 to have group texts working.  Certainly a helpful feature as right now if I get included in a group text, it comes through as an individual text to me, separate from the rest of the group.  Any replies only go to the original sender, as I'm sure other folks have seen.

A real group-text capability would really be a convenient feature.

Thanks!

Employee
Employee

@jabman  This feature is in product plans, and targeted for completion in 2018.  We do understand the importance of group texting and appreciate your comments.

Thank you,

Kim

New

I need to be able to message my field team as a group and have them not see each other's responses. This will be very helpful. Please add this feature.

Yes!  Please add me to the list on this topic!

I'm a real estate agent as well and need to coordinate multiple parties.  Putting it in one text would be very helpful in streamlining communication when setting appointments or keeping my team members in the loop.  

How will we be made aware that this has been added?

Thanks in advance:)

It's already December, end of 2018, you mentioned that this feature (Group Texting) would be offered sometime in 2018?? I think would benefit everyone using SmartLine, we need it to keep our CLients informed, communicate with all of our Trainers at the same time, etc. I don't want to have to use a different app for that, the main reason we considered SmartLine is to simplify things.

Any news on when would be available?

well, its almost 2019 and I see the ability to send a text to multiple people on the same thread has still not occurred . When ai joined  several months ago I was told this would be in effect soon.

What is the deal??

Here it is January 2019; and Group Text is still not available. 

Aside from "housekeeping" updates are you serious about updating the app?

I'm a paying customer; $119 for the year.  If I gave my customer a timeline, and then completely missed it and did not tell them...why should that customer want to remain with me?

Likewise, if you can't keep your app updated within the timelines you give us; why should we continue to be subscribers? 

I was told the mass text option would be available in the near future, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. I have a lot of people to text at once, but I don’t have time to individually text clients. This should be an easy fix.

I own student rental properties and I might have 3 or 4 tenants in a house. This is where sending a multiple text message would help a ton. Otherwise I still have to use my personal number so what’s the point using the SmartLine?
New

Re: Send text message.

I can not send text message toll free. Help me please!
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Send text message.

Hi @ArtemB,

Sorry to hear you are having issues sending texts with your SmartLine Toll-Free number. At this time, sending multi-media messages via Toll-Free numbers is not an industry feature. If you are still having issues sending plain text messages, private message me your SmartLine Toll-Free number and we'll get it sorted. 

JulietteR