cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

! An instance of WordPress already exists in this directory.

Greetings,

I had installed initial just fine but it had generated random logins and email by itself so I decided to manually delete the directory and now trying to reinstall and I get the following error :

! An instance of WordPress already exists in this directory. (path=/home/hkudrati/public_html/xyyzzz.com)

Tried deleting the domain folder and database as well. still just giving same error?

Any suggestions please!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to your Hosting Panel(e.g. CPanel),  Under Your Building Tools -> Installatron Application -> You will see existing installed wordpress site -> Under it there will be button named "Uninstall". Click uninstall and then you're done

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @hkudrati,

If you are at the 'start' again as far as installing your files, would a reset be a better option? 

Please make sure you have all backups before resetting your hosting. If unsure about anything please phone support.

Hi @Retired

Well I am at start of that particular domain, have another domain hosted.

Would you please suggest what Reset method you referred to ?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Retired
Not applicable

There is a reset option for all hosting accounts. Please RTM. 

Go to your Hosting Panel(e.g. CPanel),  Under Your Building Tools -> Installatron Application -> You will see existing installed wordpress site -> Under it there will be button named "Uninstall". Click uninstall and then you're done

View solution in original post

This answer should be at the top. Thank you. 

Thank you so much. This solved my problem.