cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Bullet Points Not Showing on Website

Hello,

When I create a list using bullet point in a blog post, the bullet points don't appear on the website itself. How can I have it so that bullet points show?

The theme is Diamond and the domain is www.ketodetective.co.uk

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Bullet Points Not Showing on Website

@KetoDetective

That sounds like a CSS issue.   Can you provide a URL where you have a list with no bullets?  I went through the site and couldn't find an example... Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

@Muse

Thank you so much, it's really kind of you to help me out. I have put a blog post with two lists missing bullet points: http://ketodetective.co.uk/347-2/

The lists are the health benefits and the tips for using the calculator.

I'm very new to CSS and I'm not really sure how or where I change it (the best I can do is change font colour!).

Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@KetoDetective

On line 103 of your CSS file I found:

ol, ul {
    list-style: none;
}

That is why no bullets display.   Generally when this is in the main CSS it is because lists are being used in other design elements (like menus) where we don't want bullets.

To avoid messing with CSS, try just adding an HTML Entity Code instead.  Try this:

<li>&middot; Your List Item</li>

.... by adding the entity code before your list test, there will now be a dot without having to mess with any code.  You can see an entire list of Entity Codes you can use on your site here.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

@Muse Thank you so so much Smiley Very Happy