Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
RymRytr
New

Can I/Should I go to WordPress, (or to ???) to build a hobby web page?

I'm retired now, and want to put my Scribbling, onto a web page, for my Family and Friends, to see what I've written, over the years, now that I'm 75 and retired. Since I own a Domain Name or two, would I host it here on Godaddy, or...?   Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Muse
Super User I

@RymRytr 

If you have your domains here at GD, it makes sense to keep everything in one place and sign up for a Managed WordPress account just to keep things simple.  WordPress is perfect for hobby sites plus it gives you the ability to organize your writings in a way that works for you. 

The Basic plan should work.  Just keep in mind that the 30% discount applies to your first payment -- whether that be a month or if you sign-up for an annual plan.

Do you have any specific questions or concerns about WordPress that I can help you with?  😉

Judith

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Muse
Super User I

@RymRytr 

If you have your domains here at GD, it makes sense to keep everything in one place and sign up for a Managed WordPress account just to keep things simple.  WordPress is perfect for hobby sites plus it gives you the ability to organize your writings in a way that works for you. 

The Basic plan should work.  Just keep in mind that the 30% discount applies to your first payment -- whether that be a month or if you sign-up for an annual plan.

Do you have any specific questions or concerns about WordPress that I can help you with?  😉

Judith

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

View solution in original post