cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Upload File on Wordpress "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons."

Cant Upload File on Wordpress "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons."

Try wp-config.php

define(‘ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS’, true);

still cant upload the file 

anyone have solution ?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: Cant Upload File on Wordpress "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

Hi @bernard3344,

What type of file is it?  There are some file types that simply cannot be allowed on shared hosting services.  This will be true whether you use GoDaddy or most any other shared hosting.  If you are uploading/using "executable" files, you're likely to get this message.

If your need to upload/use these file types is greater than your need to use managed wp hosting, you might try your wp installation on cPanel.  You have much more control over php parameters.  This is particularly true if you use the enterprise business cPanel. (I use it)  Perhaps send an email to GoDaddy and ask if your file type is allowed on their servers via cPanel options.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Re: Cant Upload File on Wordpress "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

I also have this problem.  I want to upload a .xlsx file that is password protected that I want to create a link to.  Here is a snip.  It's a managed WP site.Media upload error.PNG