cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for WP memory limit increase

Hi,

I've been trying to increase my WP memory limit to 64mb.  I inserted the code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M' );

into the config.php but still no increase in memory.  Chatted to support and they old me I'd have to pay extra for the increase in WP Memory. 

Really don't think they had a clue what I was talking about.

Just wondering if this is true ? 

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: Charge for WP memory limit increase

Hi @pauldeasy,

What platform are you on?  We can certainly get you the 64MB  you need on almost any hosting plan.  If you are on cPanel, you'll need to make changes in the php settings via your cPanel dashboard, and then make the change to the wp-config.php file.  Once these changes are made, clear cache on both server/browser so you can see results.  May take 15-30 minutes.

If you are on manage wp platforms, the .user.ini file needs to be correctly configured and the same change made to the wp-config file.    It would look something like this:

memory_limit = 4096M
max_execution_time = 320
max_input_time = 240
post_max_size = 120M
max_input_vars = 2000
file_uploads = 6
max_file_uploads = 20
upload_max_filesize = 100M

In this example I set memory to 4GB (not available on all platforms -- I use business enterprise level).  64MB is a very small allocation for WP memory.  It does not take long to eat through that allocation in a hurry.  On most of the wp-plans getting up 512MB is easy and often enough for most basic WP installs.

Be careful with syntax!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, I got it sorted in the end.  

I'm new to WP, it said online if adding code to the config.php file doesn't work you should contact your host, which I did.  I don't think they had a clue what I was talking about as they said there was a charge for increasing memory limit.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @pauldeasy,

Once you learn your way around the GoDaddy setup its pretty straightforward.  Good work on getting it done on your own!

Sometimes, I just call back and speak with a different agent when I know then one I've spoken with is not giving me the info I need.  While you will find a "less-well-trained" agent from time-to-time, GD does a pretty good job in providing good help.  For a company as large as they are they are on the upper end of good support.  Keep in mind, for many other companies, one cannot even talk to an agent.  So, with GD if you don't get the right person on the 1st call, hang-up and call back.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites