cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone my live wordpress website

Hello..........I currently have a live website  using wordpress.....I want to clone the structure  and contents  to another domain name I have  hosted with  Godaddy.......Is there an easy way to do this without  paying the $50  Godaddy want s  eo talk to their wordpress  support team??...thanks much 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Clone my live wordpress website

The simple answer is "Yes" @roadrelics but how depends on your hosting, specific WordPress install and ability. Can you provide additional details on your hosting environment (who you are hosted with, what hosting you are using, where your database is, how your WordPress was installed...)? If you have GoDaddy Linux cPanel hosting (or other cPanel hosting) you can use the Installatron to clone your install.

WordPress is on the list of applications you can use to install, clone, manage and otherwise control certain applications. Depending on your WordPress install the Installatron may not help you but there are third party applications and plugins that could? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

thank you much for your help......as far as i know everything thing i have is thru godaddy. My hosting, my files & my wordpress account....Everything i do is thru godaddy...once i login i can do everything there...I also have a back up of the current website i want to clone ( its backed up daily}, i also have a staging area of it....does this help or do you need more info........thanks again.Darryl

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

To be perfectly honest I'm not a WordPress guru @roadrelics but if you can get to your cPanel have a look for the Installatron Application under Your Building Tools. I have found the Installatron to be super easy to use. It sounds like with the backups and everything a clone would be easy to create? Maybe someone with a bit more experience will also chime in? Sorry that I can't help more?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head