Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartyG1
New

Code editing and adding in line styles revert to original in GoDaddy themes

Am I doing something wrong? I can change some settings in other themes by in-line CSS/HTML or by adding Custom HTML. If I do that with the GoDaddy installed theme, all my changes immediately revert to the original settings and no amount of updating changes that. 

For example, the inner container on a COVER is set too small for what I need it to show and I cannot control the width in any way. I guess I could try to find and edit the source CSS but it is not obvious what to change and how. 

I'd appreciate some help! Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
PL281
Super User IV

@MartyG1 

Where/how are you editing the inline styles? I assume you are on Managed WordPress - depending on how you are making the edits you may have to clear the cache.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

This is my first time using GoDaddy hosting and the GO theme - I am logging in to my WP panel and editing a page with Guttenberg. I have a cover block with the inner container set by the theme to be very narrow to the point that nesting 2 columns in the cover makes them go all vertical with text. 

Anytime I go to Code Editor and make a change, the code goes back to the pre-change code within a few seconds. I make a change, UPDATE, the code is back in. 

Is there anything in the GO theme that overwrites WP edits? I 

@MartyG1 

There shouldn't be - if you could do a screen recording (loom is a free service) or post some screen captures I can better point you in the right direction

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I'm in page editing, click on the cover block - move a line down - when I click outside of the block, the line pops back up. If I change a value and click outside - the value goes back to what it was. 

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

When I removed the "has-no-padding" class from the side panel's Advanced/Additional CSS class(es) - it is now adding that atribute indefinitelly, even if I close the page and reopen it to edit again.  

04.jpg

Is this CoBlocks? That's the only plugin that may be responsible, but even if deactivated, I still see the same glitch with code reverting back.

@MartyG1 

It shouldn't be - but I also know the Gutenberg editor tries to be "helpful" is this site on a cPanel server??? (it shouldn't mater) but if so just wondering if there is anything in the error log