cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted

I have purchased the Godaddy Economic Linux Hosting w/ Cpanel and tried to install the Bridge Wordpress from Themeforest.

However I got this error when I tried to activate the plugins:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/pangko/public_html/wp-admin/includes/menu.php on line 65

I did my research which lead me to changing my wp-config.php by adding this line at the bottom:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

However it still doesnt work. Does anyone can help me with this problem? Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Advocate I

Hi

try this its work with me ...

in Cpanel

go to  softwar section select php version then new window open show you the version of the php you use .

click on it if its show 5.4 native select other version like 5.6 then click on set as current then click safe after that you have to click on the link on the right of the screen ( Switch To PHP Options ) find memory_limit and change it to the limit you want (click on the value )

and find upload_max_filesize and change it.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Advocate I

Hi

try this its work with me ...

in Cpanel

go to  softwar section select php version then new window open show you the version of the php you use .

click on it if its show 5.4 native select other version like 5.6 then click on set as current then click safe after that you have to click on the link on the right of the screen ( Switch To PHP Options ) find memory_limit and change it to the limit you want (click on the value )

and find upload_max_filesize and change it.

View solution in original post

It works! Thank you so much!

You are welcome

It worked for me Hassan, Thank you so much. We wasted our last two days struggling with it and now its ON.

Big Thanks to you.

Regards,

Atul

Thanks!  Saved me countless, frustrating hours! 

thanks a million for this! saved me a 45min wait for tech support 

THANK YOU.  Found this solution and it worked!!!  I am a total novice and I was able to do this.  This forum is awesome!!!  

Hi,

I just tried with your suggestion, but all my admin page become 500 error after switching the php version. It's still not work even after I switched it back, do you have any idea why it's not working in my site?

seems to have worked for me, thank you!

Worked for me, thanks

thank you., that worked.  finally.., online advice that works!

Once I change it - how long does it take before it's in effect?  Anyway to test and see what  the server is actively set at outside of Cpanel?

Works perfectly. Thanks so much for posting.

THANK YOU! YOU ROCK! This totally helped!

Hassan my friend you are more useful than at least 2 tech employees I just talked to. 

They said they do not understand what is going wrong with my hosting and why I am getting those errors. I just solved my problem following your advice. 

Thanks for your help. 

Still migrating my hosting to a better company. Godaddy became such a bad hosting company if you want to start a business. 

Thanks heaps Hassan2 - worked a treat for me still too.

thank you so much.

THANK YOU HASSAN2!!!!! This worked for me too. I really appreciate your sharing of this info! It saved me lots of trouble.

Thanks for this help. Just started to get worried.

YES! You just saved my day. This worked perfectly. Thank you!