cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

File Location inside WordPress

I have uploaded several dozen historical posts to my new wp site and established internal links to those posts. WP created a folder on my root directory (2020) and a subfolder (07), and placed the uploaded files into this subfolder. When I use the Godaddy WordPress file manager, I cannot locate these two folders nor the files they contain. When I put the URL for any particular file into my browser [(https://(domain name)/2020/07/(file name)], the file displays. Furthermore, if I enter the following in my browser [(https://(domain name)/wp-content/uploads//2020/07/(file name)], the browser entry reverts to [(https://(domain name)/2020/07/(file name)], and displays the file.Nevertheless, I cannot find these folders and files in the file manager or when I access the site with Mozilla FTP. Inside wp-content/uploads there is a 2020 folder and a 07 subfolder, but the files are NOT located there. Can someone please tell me where these files are actually stored?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@rwilliscroft 

Other than within the uploads the directory, WordPress does not create folders in the root of the site, it sounds like you are referring to the permalinks and that they came in with the current month / year - you should be able to edit each post and adjust the publish date and then the year / month will be based on what you set as the publish date.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@rwilliscroft 

Other than within the uploads the directory, WordPress does not create folders in the root of the site, it sounds like you are referring to the permalinks and that they came in with the current month / year - you should be able to edit each post and adjust the publish date and then the year / month will be based on what you set as the publish date.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post