Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SW01
Getting Started

HTTP Error 500

On my website I own nspforum.com it all of a sudden has the HTTP Error 500 page come up. Is this a GoDaddy problem or do I need to contact someone else for help? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
PL281
Super User IV

@SW01 

I would look at the error log in the file manager  - If this is a WordPress site, there should be some errors pointing to the plugin / theme file causing the issue

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

SW01
Getting Started

I'm not sure how to get to the file manager and check for errors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

PL281
Super User IV

@SW01 

https://myh.godaddy.com then you would go to your cPanel account and then to the file manager and look for the error_log file in the public_html folder

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

SW01
Getting Started

I found a page that says: Errors and then a list that says "Latest Web Server Error Log Messages" and another that says "Latest suexec error log messages"

SW01
Getting Started

I think I found the one you were referring to: it's under the error_log file you talked about. It's an ASCII file

PL281
Super User IV

@SW01 

Right and when you open that it shows all the error timestamped - you'll need to see what it says probably related to the plugin file

SW01
Getting Started

@PL281 These lines seems to be repeating: 

[18-Mar-2021 11:40:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /home/nht8womuhq7n/public_html/common.php:29
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nht8womuhq7n/public_html/viewtopic.php(26): include()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/nht8womuhq7n/public_html/common.php on line 29