cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II

How do I install and use WordPress? (cPanel)

Really want to get this up and running. How do I do this?

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: How do I install and use WordPress? (cPanel)

Hmmm... First I would recommended being on some level of managed WordPress hosting.  WP has unique database, resource and security issues that WordPress specific hosting caters too.  The new GoDaddy WordPress offering guides you through the process step-by-step.  Easy peasy! Smiley Happy

Back to cPanel -- go to:

• Web Applications section, click WordPress blog.
  • Click Install this application.

You'll have to note your domain and where you want WP installed.  Leave that field blank if you intend on using WordPress for your Website.

Here's the full scoop: GoDaddy Step-by-Step

That should do it!  HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey friends, 

I've been out of the website game for a while and I'm pretty sure I broke my new website. 

1) Hosted on Go Daddy, using a custom WP template

2) I somehow installed WP twice and have two permalinks www.cityfrisson.com & www.cityfrisson.com/blog

3) We've been working on www.cityfrisson.com/blog

4) How do I merge these? 

5) Will our custom updates be lost if we re-install WP? 

6) I tried changing the permalink on WP and then my site died. If I go to www.cityfrisson.com it says that I need to login to launch the site.

7) If we visit www.cityfrisson.com/blog, I get a 404 error and none of our posts are visible. 

Thanks,

C

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Muse & @webdiva,

If you get a chance, it would be great if you could take a look at what @lovelyloya did and give her some advice. Thanks much!

Rachel

Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

@lovelyloya,

Is your intent to have the main domain use the WP installation that is in the /blog/ subdirectory? It's certainly possible to have your root domain run a site in a sub-directory. https://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory

Then again, it's not clear from your message if you want to merge what is in both sites. 

It's hard to know without digging into what you've set up. Sounds like possibly one of the URLs on the General/Settings page is not right. I will send you a private message.

if u tell the truth then you wont be much in trouble so tell the truth and don't tell a story to people its ok to tell a story once or twice but not more

I tell the truth all the time when they ask me I only told a story one time and then I spoke to my mother and told her I told a story and we had a great talk about telling a story and not telling a story

it felt good to tell the truth I hope u guys always tell the truth

- Janiya

New

These instructions didn't work with the new interface.

New

This is very frustrating. I have three sites to build that I took back control of.  GoDaddy recommended the Cpanel.  But after three days I have yet to get the main site up or email working.  Every time I call in they give me a ticket number and say they will look into it. No real directions or what to do.