cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How to create a FULL backup of "Deluxe Managed WordPress Websites" daily?

How to create a daily backup of Deluxe Managed WordPress Websites automatically? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to create a FULL backup of "Deluxe Managed WordPress Websites" daily?

Hi @manhdn. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

Managed WordPress accounts already incorporate a daily backup as part of the service. There isn't a way to create an automated backup server side. However, you might be able to find an SFTP/SSH client that will allow you to schedule connection and download of files/database. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Hi @manhdn,

While GoDaddy does provide a backup as part of the managed wp service, I also use a plugin called UpDraftPlus   https://updraftplus.com/  --- Off the chart good and has never failed me (except when I made the mistake!!)  I use the premium version so I can use off-site services (Dropbox, OneDrive) and run the backup on a schedule.  

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good catch @JMPepper! I was unaware that this plugin worked with MWP, though I see that is stated on our blacklisted plugin list. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @JesseW,  Take a closer look at the updraft listing in the blacklist and you'll see a note that the backup plugin is not on the list.  GoDaddy has it listed on the outdated list and Simba keeps this plugin current.

updraft.jpg

The premium version of  plugin also works well if you run into a problem with the GoDaddy migration.

Hope this helps!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JMPepper

I was unaware that this plugin worked with MWP, though I see that is stated on our blacklisted plugin list.

Sorry for the crossed wires. I was confirming exactly what you just said Smiley LOL