cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I Cannot Access Wordpress Getting wp-content/deleteme.

I am pretty new here. I was trying to setup my Wordpress. But whenever I try to go to the login page, I am getting this: wp-content/deleteme and the page is showing This site can’t be reached

GoDaddy support is not really helpful and i don't know what to do. Help!!

12 REPLIES 12
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

Re: I Cannot Access Wordpress Getting wp-content/deleteme.

Is the site live? That is, is the problem just trying to get to the admin login, but you can get to the site as a visitor?

Can you tell us the URL?

Hi @webdiva,

The site was live. I tried to add sub-domain www and then everything is not working after that. The url is cavitemovement.com

Thanks!

Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

Sub-domain www? Not sure why you would do that. The site should be cavitemovement.com, and www.cavitemovement.com should go to the same place.

Can you delete whatever it was that you added? Was it an add-on domain in a cPanel hosting package? 

Hi Lisa,

I was experimenting and wants to show www.cavitemovement.com instead of cavitemovement.com only on the address bar. I also tried to delete everything in the domain page, I did not add anything on the Cpanel. And now I'm stuck. (im a noob and just read google) 😞

Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

Why only www.cavitemovement.com? It should go to the same place with or without the www. So are you saying you tried to create a sub-site for www? Don't do that. Just have both go to the same place. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @starlet0521. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

It looks like you'll need to update the DNS settings for your domain in order to get it pointed back to your hosting account. To do that, you'll need to look up your hosting account's IP address and then use it to update your domain's A Record. These instructions should help you do that:

Hope that helps!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi @JesseW,

Thanks for the links. 

I followed the instructions but I am getting an error whenever I try to update my A Name (screenshot: https://snag.gy/qTXhiE.jpg), I'm not sure what's going on.

😞

Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

@starlet0521 right now it's pointing to that IP, but in addition to our parked one. Remove the "Parked" record to fix that. If it's not allowing for removal then please contact live support to assist. 

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

after delete and re-install my webpage not showing

New

I have the same problem others can see it but my 3 computers can not over a month now

The webpage at http://www.wahaa.com/wp-content/deleteme.a47b1d951de444f18e3dd665852fe326.php?748ee14ef25d8daf529ef8...

Thank you! your post gave me the answer. If others can see the site, then everything is good in the server and the problem is in your computers, specifically in your browsers. My chrome browser was not working, then I tested the IE and it was fine.

You just need to clear your browsing data. I had the same problem using chrome and I deleted everything from the last day and now it is working.

Use chrome to go to 

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

You will may need to clear all items from "the beginning of times", or any time before your problem appeared.

As a matter of fact, you gave me the answer first 🙂

Thank you again.

I Cannot Access Wordpress Getting wp-content/deleteme.

Please help me thanks. I cannot access my website front and backend