cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I uninstalled Wordpress and now I am unable to install again on same domain

I had some database issues with my Wordpress installation so I uninstalled it. I then received the arror: "1 application has errors. Please correct it below." so I uninstalled Wordpress and deleted all files via FTP. When I attempt to do a clean install of Worpress I either receive the above error or "This domain is already in use."

My "Stats & Usage" shows there are 1 GB of files on my 10 GB disc but using FTP I see nothing.

Any advice how to proceed?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I uninstalled Wordpress and now I am unable to install again on same domain

Hi, @H3AdBaBY. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

That's a pretty unusual issue. I'm not sure why that would have happened for you. If this is still something you're dealing with, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team at your earliest convenience. If you do so, please follow up here with what the resolution was. Others may be able to benefit from your experience.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: I uninstalled Wordpress and now I am unable to install again on same domain

The solution in this case turned out to be patience. Due to other demands I was unable to do anything further with my website for two days. When I did get back to it I decided to try one more time to install Wordpress before getting into a session with a Support Agent. Much to my surprise everything worked as expected.