Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackimage
New

Images changing shape

I have used Godaddy and Word press for many happy years. A couple weeks ago I needed to update information.

Original images were about a proportion of 1.3 to 1.

On loading new images I could only load images with a ratio of about 2 to 1.

Further if I clicked an existing image that was 1.3 to 1 it would change to 2 to 1... meaning the top and bottom of the image was not visible.

5 phone calls to  GoDaddy Help... about 5 hours on the phone... no Godaddy staff could identify the problem.... of fix it.

In order to keep our web site running I had to spend dozens more hours reshaping images to fit.

Now I find that pages that have not been touched have images reduced from 1.3 to 1 to 2 to 1.
Meaning the top and bottom of the image can not bee see.

Help ...

1 REPLY 1
Muse
Super User I

@Jackimage 

Hmmm.... something does not make sense for sure.   With WordPress you don't upload images based on ratios, rather you should upload the specific image size designated for that space by the theme/theme developer.  One of the primary reasons for slow sites is images that uploaded in sizes far great than needed.

By chance did you update your theme or any plugins that could have impacted what you are experiencing?  I've been working on WordPress since it's inception and never had image displays change arbitrarily without a catalyst.

If you can share any updates you did before things changed that would be helpful. 😉

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare