cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Instagram plugin for WP

Hey Guru's...

Newb here, actually had someone build my site and can no longer contact them.  I use to have a feed on my website that pulls pictures from my Instagram. But now on my website it just says "Instagram has returned invalid data."

I went WP-Admin and my main page... I found the Instagram code:

[/ux_slider]
[ux_instagram_feed username="nexfinityone" image_hover="zoom" width="full-width"]

I don't know where to start to troubleshoot this?  My Instagram account hasn't changed, everything is working fine there but picture slider no longer shows up.

Thanks

C

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Instagram plugin for WP

@ch0wd0wn

The only time things stop working when you've not changed anything is if the plugin is no longer compatible and/or there is a conflict.

Based on the info you provided it looks like the closing shortcode tag is ahead of itself.  Try this:

[ux_instagram_feed username="nexfinityone" image_hover="zoom" width="full-width"] [/ux_slider]

If that doesn't resolve the issue make sure that the plugin you are using has been tested and is compatible with the most recent version of WordPress (4.9.4).  If not, find a plugin that is.

Here's an Instagram Plugin I use that works seamlessly.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Do or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

Ahh ok thanks for the tip.  Where do I find the Instagram plugin and version?

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@ch0wd0wn

Left sidebar: Plugins > Installed Plugins

Click Visit Plugin Site or View Details.  😉

Judith
"Do or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

Thanks so much!  Now I have some direction!

Strange I don't see anything that says Instagram on my plugins... how can it just disappear?  Or am I looking at the right place?  Its all woocommerce and contact form...favicon ... no Instagram...

Well I guess doesn't matter I'll just install the one you're using.. thanks again!