cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error

Hi, 

I have cPanel and needed to uninstall WordPress, which I think I did. Now that I'm trying to reinstall it, I'm getting this error message: "One or more errors have occurred. No changes have been saved.
Check the highlighted settings below and try again."

When I go to to the highlighted setting, it says "! An instance of WordPress already exists in this directory."

What am I doing wrong? Man Sad

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Installation Error

Hi,

After making sure you have a backup, you could just use the reset cpanel button. This will definitely get rid of the previous malignant version that doesn't want to leave.

It does mean resetting a few things though, just as you did at setup.

That's one way.....nuke it!

Hi and thank you,

I'm very new and not so clued up - where is the reset button in the cPanel? I tried reinstalling just now and it said that it did (I even got a confirmation email) but I have a new error message: "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress"? Is there anything I can do about it from my end?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sorry in bed, nearly 3am in Scotland will get back tomorrow Smiley Happy

I figured it out after all. 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Can you please share what was the issue, I did the same and end up in the same situation.

Regards,

New

i have same problim One or more errors have occurred. No changes have been saved.
Check the highlighted settings below and try again.

I had problems with this myself - so when I found a solution, I thought I'd share it!

You just need to go to your Cpanel main screen. Where it say's "installatron applications" click on it.

When you open the link, you will be able to manage all your wordpress installations from there, just check the box and select uninstall.

Hope this helps!